Thanks for your interest in Metro Laser. Some information prior to your parch test appointment. It does appear in depth but your health & wellbeing is of up most importance to us.
For clients with lighter and medium skin tones a patch test is required 24 hours minimum prior to the first treatment. Darker skinned clients with South Asian or African skin types require several weeks to ensure no pigmentation changes occur.
In general it is rare for hyper or hypo pigmentation to occur and generally it’s instantly visible – so it’s safe to book your fist appointment for the next day, should you have any adverse results your first appointment will not be considered as cancelled and no charge will be incurred.
- There is no need to shave prior to a patch test
- Please ensure you don’t take Ibuprofen 7 days before any laser therapy treatments
- Your patch test will consist of a few shots in the region you require treated
- The aim is to ensure you don’t have any rare reaction to laser like hyperpigmentation.
- With Brazilian or Bikini Line we’ll conduct the patch test on the upper bikini line so trousers are more convenient than dresses etc
- The patch test takes just 5 minutes
- It’s important that you complete your online consultation and print your consent form.
- You may schedule your first appointment even before you’ve had your patch test – we’ll send you information about how long to book as soon as you make your patch test appointment.
- If you have a pre-paid voucher from an online website we require the code prior to your appointment – don’t worry you’ll receive an email from us asking for this.
- Please carefully read the emails we send you about the laser hair removal process so we can answer any questions at your face to face consultation.
- Our practitioners are male but are particularly sensitive to maintaining your privacy and well used to conducting sessions on more private areas like Brazilian Bikini and nipple hair. We’re not in the least shy but are aware you may feel vulnerable – we do our best to make you feel at ease during the process. You may bring a guest to accompany you however they must also wear Laser Safety Glasses in the consultation room.
We look forward to commencing your treatment plan. Prior to commencing it is essential to complete the details below please remember to press submit and receive confirmation we got your form[gravityform id=”3″ name=”Consultation Laser Hair” ajax=”true”]